Sunday, August 17, 2008

Catching Up

This week I Took Elisa to her 9 month check up she was 18 pounds and 10 ounces they say she is good in her weight and her head size but she is only in the 30% for her height I tryed to tell the doctor she came from really short genes but he ignored me they just haven't seen her grandma then they would believe me!! So the day after the doctor she got a cold and in the midst of it was trying to get a tooth. Finally I think that it broke through last night but I never know. I wish i new all the magic tricks to make teething easier for her and me! I think I can count the hours on one hand I have slept this week. If anyone has any advice on how to get the kid to sleep at night let me know because I am tired! We have just been catching up on laundry and all sorts of good things this week nothing to exciting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you feed her when she wakes up? If you do, you can start making her bottle more watery and eventually she won't want it anymore. This may be hard, but this is what I do... I just let them cry for 15 min. then I would go in and not take them out of the crib, just some I love you's (really to make me feel better) and then I would leave for another 15 min. Eventually I would wait 20, then 30, then I just quit going in. For my first... he cried for an hour. With my second he cried for 15 min and would go to sleep. After a little while they will just stop waking up. of course this depends on the temperment of you your child too (i think anyway). some babies are more stubborn than others. It took my second baby about a week to figure it out. I just kept saying... "he's full, he's changed... he's fine!" Even if you just go in there to check her over so that you will feel better about her crying, that will still encourage her to not wake up... as long as you don't feed her (her tummy is big enough to last all night) and do a lot of holding/rocking. Good luck!

Molly said...

Oh my gosh Cal I remember those days. Sounds like you are getting some good advice. I would give you some but I just can't remember that well. Sounds like you have had a fun summer! Elisa is growing so fast and she is soooo cute! I love the toliet paper picture! Jed loved the TP too...finally had to keep the bathroom door shut all the time. Too funny!

Holly said...

I wish I could tell you there was an easy answer, but it seems like really the only thing that works is to let them cry even if it is hard to listen to :) I hope she starts feeling better so that you can get some sleep, I'm serious about letting her come play if you need a nap, don't hesitate to call, the boys love to have her here!

Kimberly said...

Awh little teethies!! Jacobi has two popping through on the bottom of her mouth, they've been coming through for a little while, but we can finally see them a little bit now! I think we've been pretty lucky -- a little Tylenol and she does pretty good, but I'm sure there's more screaming nights to come! I haven't had to do this, but my friend's daughter had a horrible time cutting teeth and she would alternate Baby Tylenol and Baby Motrin every 2 hours on the bad days...I would check with your Dr. first though, that seems like a lot of drugs to me!...Anyways...I love hearing about Elisa...she's too cute (especially when she's in unrolling your toilet paper!!)