Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A boring night

Last night was actually a crazy one. At five a went and picked up brody from work like any other day we had dinner and then had plans to go into Meridian to get brody a white shirt for family pictures tonight. That all went well then we got home and I started to have sevier pain in my abdomen after about 1/2 hour brody said I am taking you to the emergency room. I said no it will go away. When it hit an hour brody once again said lets go I gave in this time because by now I thought I was going to die. Now let me just say that we do have a hospital in Emmett but since we have lived here everyone says not to go there. So we set out for a 30 minute drive into Meridian. As the pain got worse I thought I would die. Now I learned something when you get to the emergency room and you are at a 10 on the pain scale you get right in. Well after all was said and done it was my gallbladder which I kinda already new because I have had problems in the past but never that intense pain. Well after some morphine and some other drugs the gave me the name of a surgeon and sent me on my way home. Now you may think this is the end. So we head home and brody says I am going to stop and get a drink fine by me i say. So I said to brody I fell like I am going to throw up. He was like I am sorry. I said no I am serious I am going to throw up. Lucky for a bag in the car it saved us for a minute until the bag started leaking everywhere before we could pull over and find a garbage. It was a crazy night. Needless to say I feel much better today.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Callie! Why didn't you call me? I could have taken Elisa so you didn't have to worry about her. I totally feel for you, I had gallstones for A YEAR before it was diagnosed and my gallbladder was removed. Let me know what I can do for you!

sjhalford said...

I'm glad you feel better! That doesn't sound like too much fun!

sjhalford said...

Yeah, he is around Elisa's age. He was born in December. What a fun age, huh?

BradandBecca said...

Callie-how sad!

Holly said...

I forgot to tell you about those pictures, I didn't crop any of them because on the program I have, if I crop them it's hard to get them in a size like a 4x6, 5x7 etc. so when you go print them off, you might want to take a look at them and decide if they need anything croped or not. Hope you like them!

Lacey said...

you need to get that sucker out! I want you to feel better!

Molly said...

Callie - So sorry you went through this! Does not sound like a fun night out on the town. Hope you are feeling better!

Di Cluff said...

Pain medicine and motion are a deadly combination, I hurt for you. I would like to comment about the hospital here Emmett. It's great! They don't have intensive care but for everything else you get wonderful attention. I love the doctors here and the specialits who come over during the week.