Thursday, May 1, 2008

Relay For Life


In october of 2006 my dad was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukima. He is now a survivor of almost two years. Last year we attended the relay for life to support my father it was really happy and emotional time, but we came to realize how important it was to raise money for the american cancer society. My dad had chemothearpy and radiation. If it wasn't for these discoveries he would not be here today. So this year we are joining my dads team again and will be walking for cancer in June. This is a link to my dads relay for life website.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Callie, I'm sorry to learn that your dad had to go through that, I can't even imagine. My mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor and so is my aunt. The Race for the Cure is May 10th and I'm going to do that with my mom.
I really like your wedding dress, you look gorgeous!

sjhalford said...

Callie,
I am glad that your dad is doing so good on treatment! I bet you guys have such a great time during Relay for Life!
Jess