Monday, May 26, 2008

The Gallbladder

So the day finally arrived on friday I had my gallbladder out. When it comes to pain I am a baby and anyone who knows me will definatly agree. So Brody and I arrived at the hospital at 9 and checked in they told me they would take me back and prep me and then brody could come back. Now to some this might be a big deal but I was counting on brody to be by myside the whole time I was awake. I hate IV's and I can always count on brody to entertain me why I am nervous about something. Well they wouldn't let him come back even though I asked so I was a big girl and went back alone. They were very nice to me and gave me drugs to make the nerves go away. Brody came back said good bye and the next thing I new I was gallbladder free and definatly in pain. I was way out of it there for awhile the nurse kept saying what is you pain on a scale of one to ten now I thought it was a 10 but they told me it wasn't but whatever i was way to out of it to know. My mom and dad came and took Elisa for the Day and spoiled her rotten of course Nana bought her very first doll which she loves to eat. And so Papa had to keep up with Nana so He bought her a Moose to play with in her car seat which I haven't seen her play with yet but everyone says she loves it. Sadly they had to leave yesterday and I was very thankful for there help. Elisa keeps looking around for them but can't find them. Thanks to everyone who called or stopped by. Especially Aimee my sister in Law she called and I am pretty sure I was so out of it that I was saying crazy stuff and she was probably like what is up with this girl. Next time we talk I swear I won't be heavly medicated.

P.S. There will be no pictures with this post sorry courtney I know you wanted some but I don't think I want everyone to see.

10 comments:

Hagberg Fam said...

Glad you are doing better today. I wish I lived closer so that I could help you. I am really dissapointed that I didn't get any pictures oh well maybe next time.

Holly said...

I want pictures! We took pictures of my scars from when my gallbladder was taken out, I wouldn't post them on the Internet either, so I don't blame you. Let me know if we can do anything, if you guys need dinner tomorrow or if Elisa can come play tomorrow. Ethan went to visit my sister in Oregon until Thursday, so we'd be glad to have her. She and Kamden can fall in love :)
Glad everything went well and now you don't have to worry about that pain! I can still remember it...

sjhalford said...

I hope you start feeling better!

Tami Kate said...

I hope that you are doing GREAT! I will miss your gallbladder... :) I love you!

BradandBecca said...

Callie-I'm glad they finally got that dang thing out of you and I'm glad you ended up with such a good husband. I'm sure he takes great care of you.

Erin Fanello said...

hey there callie allie ann, sorry you are getting organs removed, that's never much fun. How are you feeling since then? Do you notice a difference? Your little Elisa is so cute, probably cause she looks just like you! What a fun thing to have a baby girl, they would be so fun to dress up, loved those shoes! Sorry about the no sleeping thing, there wasn't anything that frustrated me more than sleeping and feeding Noah, it just changed all the time and I wasn't ever sure if he was getting enough! And your baby is probably teething too right now so that doesn't help matters! I hope that things get back to normal for you so you can get some sleep i know how precious sleep is! Take care!

Lacey said...

I'm glad you finally got it out. Talk about fun! I hope you're feeling better.

Holly said...

Just wondering how you're doing, hopefully the recovery is going well but be sure and give Brody a good opportunity to take care of you :) Give us a call when you feel up to doing something.

aims said...

Callie you are so funny! Yes, you were pretty much out of it when we talked after your surgery- I told Brody not to bother you, but he insisted you would appreciate the call. If anything I just felt so badly for you. You sounded like you were experiencing a lot of pain, not to mention discomfort. It made me sad. I wanted to help somehow, but felt very helpless being so far away- so we've all been praying for you- that's right all 3, I guess with Jeremy that makes 4 boys! We love you and we're so glad you are doing much, much better! I think you should consider getting a tatoo on or near your scar!

Molly said...

Cal - Sad to hear that you had to have surgery but happy that you will be feeling better from now on! Elisa is a trooper and it sounds like she had fun with her grandparents. I hope Brody took good care of you guys - I'm sure he did! Hope you are back on your feet in no time!