Friday, May 16, 2008

Sleeping


So I think Elisa look so cute in this picture so sometimes when I am really frustrated with her I look at it! Yesterday was one of those days as a mom where you just want to go in the other room cover your head with a pillow and block out the world. Elisa is only 6 months old. Now most 6 months old take at least two long naps a day I would think. My sisters babies always have so I just went ahead and assumed that all children were like this. Well I assumed wrong, Elisa is the worst nap taker I have ever met and yesterday just topped the cake. She was so tired all day but would not sleep. I tried everything crying, rocking, going on a walk (3 walks to be exact). So finally by 2 in the afternoon she was just screaming because she was so tired. I didn't know what to do, so I looked her in the eyes and said elisa I have had it. She just smiled at me like I don't care mom. So by 4 I told brody he could no longer go golfing I needed his help. So about 5 o'clock she fell asleep. so in my Head I told myself there is no way this kid is going to sleep tonight now if I let her sleep but I needed a break so I let her sleep. Much to my suprise when she finally went to sleep at 9:45 last night that was the last heard from her.
my very first night that I got sleep all the way through the night in 6 months I can't believe how much energy I have today it is amazing.

3 comments:

Holly said...

It's tough! I'd love to tell you that it gets easier as they get older but trying to get a 3 year old to take a nap is frustrating as well! Hang in there, if you ever need a break just walk over and we'll let the kids play. Maybe having other kids around would distract her from screaming?

Hagberg Fam said...

She is a little stinker for not napping, but she is the cutest little stinker I have ever seen. Bad days always make you appreciate the good ones. I love you and you are a great mom!!

Amber said...

Hey Callie! I was excited to find your blog - you have such a cute little girl. I have the good fortune of not having a great napper either. If I can get 1 hr out of Kate it's a good day. She's NEVER taken a two hour nap. I feel your pain!